this is a german Web-Mirror of MHONARC.ORG powered by Domainunion AG

xsl-list

RE: [xsl] In XPath 2.0 can my XSLT program validate the input and check whether the validation succeeded?

2013-07-20 15:13:14
        data(.) instance of element(Book, BookType)

Have you tried "string(.) castable as element(Book, BookType)"?

Hi Ken, yes I have tried that and the results are the same.

/Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:g(_dot_)ken(_dot_)holman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com] On
Behalf Of G. Ken Holman
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:54 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com;
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] In XPath 2.0 can my XSLT program validate the input and
check whether the validation succeeded?

At 2013-07-20 19:50 +0000, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Here is what I think the problem is: since I did not specify the
SAXON -val flag, the input has no type annotations. Consequently,
each Book is not an instance of a Book element with type BookType
and this boolean condition fails:

        data(.) instance of element(Book, BookType)

Have you tried "string(.) castable as element(Book, BookType)"?

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, and UBL classes in the Netherlands     Oct 2013 |
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Australia Oct 2013 |

Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    https://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |